Author(s): Katja Pantzar
An engaging and practical guide to the easy and nature-inspired ways that Finns stay happy and healthy - including the powerful concept of sisu, or everyday courage.
Sisu - a kind of everyday courage - is the Finnish approach to well-being that is turning lives around. In this beautiful book - part memoir, part guide - Katja shows how to embrace the daily practices that make Finns among the happiest people in the world.
Discover sisu through...
* Movement as medicine: How walking, biking and swimming every day are good for what ails us-and best done outside the confines of a gym
* Forest therapy: Why there's no substitute for getting out into nature on a regular basis
* Healthy eating: What the Nordic diet can teach us all about feeding body, mind and soul
* The gift of sisu: Why Finns embrace a special form of courage, grit and determination as a national virtue - and how anyone can dig deeper to survive and thrive through tough times.
In Finding Sisu discover the ways in which you too can integrate this age-old philosophy of hope and perseverance into your life, wherever you are in the world, whatever challenges you may face.
Find your courage. Find your grit. Find your sisu.
- : 9781473669932
- : Hodder & Stoughton
- : Hachette
- : 0.22
- : April 2019
- : --- length: - '19.8' width: - '12.9' units: - Centimeters
- : books
- : Katja Pantzar
- : Hardback
- : 1
- : English
- : 158.1
- : 304