Author(s): Lonely Planet Publications Staff
Lonely Planet Guides
Lonely Planet: The world's #1 phrasebook publisher*
Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook & Dictionaryis your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Spanish phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Enjoy the thrilling conversation with a local over sangria, ask about a tucked-away a tablao flamenco or eat your way through a tapas menu; all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
- Feel at easewith essential tips on culture, manners, idioms and multiple meanings
- Order with confidence,explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
- Save timeand hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
- Never get stuck for wordswith the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
- Be preparedfor both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
- Meet friendswith conversation starter phrases
- Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook & Dictionary:
- User-friendly layoutorganised by travel scenario categories
- Survival phrasesinside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
- Convenient features
- 5 Phrases to Learn Before You Go
- 10 Ways to Start a Sentence
- 10 Phrases to Sound like a Local
- Listen For - phrases you may hear
- Look For - phrases you may see on signs
- Shortcuts - easy-to-remember alternatives to the full phrases
- Q &A - suggested answers to questions asked
- Basics -time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
- Practical -travel with kids, disabled travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, bargaining, accommodation, directions, border crossing, transport
- Social -meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
- Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
- Food -ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
The Perfect Choice:Lonely Planet Spanish Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance; great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
*#1 phrasebook publisher. Source: Nielsen Bookscan UK, US & AUS